Hoka Speedgoat Trail Running Shoes - Women's
Tough trail runners for super technical trails. If slick roots, pointy rocks, and all-you-can-run switchback buffets are on your running menu, these trail shoes are ready to serve up support. Inspired by ultrarunner Karl Meltzer and the rugged Speedgoat 50K, these Hoka shoes have plenty of cushion at a very low weight. They give a lively, energetic ride with good flexibility, and are loaded with hefty lugs to bite into whatever the trail dishes out.
- Uppers are lightweight no-sew SpeedFrames, with 3 welded layers for support and protection.
- Synthetic overlays for support. Microfibre underlays for comfort.
- Injection-molded EVA foam midsoles for cushioning.
- Meta-rocker geometry supports your natural running form, and encourages an efficient, smooth roll from initial impact to toe-off.
- Midsole and outsole grooves flex for contact with the trail.
- Durable Vibram® mega grip, high-traction outsoles.
- 4mm lugs provide excellent traction.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Cushioned and floaty|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.