Dynafit Vulcan Ski Boots - Men's
Command the ascent, charge the decent. The Vulcan Boot is rigid enough for today's freeride skis, with front-lean rigidity and heel hold that's solid even when landing big air. The fibreglass cuff, Pebax shell and spoiler offer progressive response that suits downhill ripping. A Custom Plus liner is completely thermoformable and uses 3 types of foam to cradle your foot and provide precision and comfort at the same time. Your set up is completely customizable thanks to the adjustable forward lean and removable stoppers in the cuff. Compatible with all types of ski touring and freeride bindings, these boots are ready to stomp.
- Pebax shell and spoiler, fibreglass cuff.
- Custom Plus thermoformable liner is mapped for precision and comfort. thin, dense materials in the rear cradle your foot. Softer foam in the metatarsal area adapts to all foot shapes and maxes comfort around the toes.
- Articulated cuff buckle reduces lateral snag, making ski/walk transitions easier.
- Rear spoiler slides in the cuff allowing the widest and smoothest cuff rotation possible.
- Ultra-Lock system locks to the cuff, for stiffness when skiing, less friction when walking.
- Metal spoiler insert to adjust forward lean with 2 Torx screws.
- Downhill Booster tongue is removable, moves freely during ascents and adds performance during descents.
- Cuff and buckle catches prevent unwanted release.
- Central 45-degree buckle system anchors to pivot points for maximum heel retention. Tightening it compresses the cuff and shell, making the structure stiffer.
- Ultra-Lock power strap eliminates extra space between tongue and shin bone to reduce shin bash.
- Adjustable metal spoiler insert tunes the forward lean by 3 degrees.
- Range of motion is 60 degrees.
- DYN Pro Touring sole resists abrasion, grips on all surfaces and promotes natural walking motion.
- Compatible with Dynafit Quick Step-in and standard touring bindings.
The boot and binding systems must match for best performance and safe use.
|Lower shell material||Pebax|
|Shell cuff material||Fibreglass|
Alpine Touring: with tread; compatible with DIN touring bindings. Alpine Touring Tech (Tech): with tread; compatible with G3 Onyx and Dynafit. Downhill: without tread; compatible with freeride/downhill bindings.
Forward lean affects a skiers balance. Some boots have a set forward lean angle; some are adjustable. Less lean places your knees in a more upright (almost standing) position, whereas more lean positions your knees forward over the ball of your feet.
Range of motion
The range of motion of the boot when in hike mode.
The width of the interior of the boot shell across the widest part of the forefoot.
|Thermoformable inner boot||Yes|
A mechanism that allows to release the boot cuff to switch to tour mode.