Cover your cranium with a ski and cycling approved helmet. The convertible full-wrap liner allows toque layering, and the 360 fit system tunes in comfort. The Magna-Snap goggle clip uses magnets for easy attachment. And a passive ventilation system moves moisture to stop you from overheating when ripping in sunshine.
- Molded polycarbonate shell offers lightweight performance.
- Expanded polystyrene inner.
- Passive Channel Ventilation System moves air to push moisture and warm air out.
- K2 Dialed Fit system features 360 dial that locks into a web construction for maximum comfort, eliminating pressure points.
- Magna-Snap goggle clip has a magnetic strap for easy lens attachment.
- Convertible full wrap washable liner.
- Crown mesh wicks moisture and breathes to prevent overheating.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
|Snowsports + cycling|
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).