When venturing deep into the wintry backcountry, a pack can make or break your adventure. With long-haul features like the Neutralite carrying system, a transparent map pocket, a quick-access avalanche compartment, and air meshed straps, the Patrol 40L+ is all about the backcountry. At 40L, it yields plenty of space for mega backcountry tours. A carrying system hauls skis, and the pack's compatible with a hydration system up to 5L.
- Main and secondary fabrics are ripstop nylon with a PU coating for durability, abrasion resistance and water resistance.
- Backpanel Atilon PE foam for solid support and minimal weight.
- NeutraliteE carrying system balances and distributes weight.
- Hip belt is ergonomically shaped and padded for comfort when skinning up or shredding down. An integrated pocket fits a phone or small camera.
- Air meshed shoulder straps and hipbelt for added ventilation.
- Drawstring secures top loading main compartment, which rests under a floating and removable lid.
- Zippered side access panel allows for secondary and fast access to main compartment.
- Zippers are water resistant with reflective T shaped pulls for gloved zipping.
- Adjustable sternum strap with integrated whistle.
- Quick-access avalanche compartment with probe sleeves and a shovel attachment.
- Goggle pocket.
- Transparent map pocket on underside of lid.
- Transparent necessities pocket for quickly making sure your keys and wallet are still with you.
- Stretchy side pocket for quick water bottle access.
- Ski attachments for hauling (either A-frame or diagonally).
- Snowboard and snowshoe attachment system is stowable.
- Separately sold EVOC helmet holder attaches to webbing loops.
- 2 ice axe pockets with straps stow tools and keeps sharp edges covered.
- Gear loop on hip belt for necessary attachments.
- Accommodate hydration systems up to 5L.
|Main fabric||210-denier ripstop nylon|
|Secondary fabric||420-denier nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.
|Volume||40 + 5L|
Torso length is measured from the most prominent vertebrae at the back of your neck (top of shoulders) to the spot on your lower spine that lines up with the top of your hipbone.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.