If the word "winter" brings to mind grey drizzle rather than icicles and whiteouts, this is for you. Huge reflective panels over the shoulders and lower back provide 360-degree reflectivity so you can ride long into the evening. Strategically placed fabrics and venting zips will keep you warm but not overheating if the riding conditions mellow.
- Front fabric is Windstopper® X-Fast 2, for windproofness and water-resistance.
- Back is Castelli® Warmer fabric, with a soft, brushed interior.
- Front zippered chest vents let your body's heat escape.
- Full-length zipper.
- Huge reflective panels on shoulders and lower back are visible through the gloom.
- Silicone gripper at waist keeps it from riding up.
- 3 rear pockets store gloves, eyewear and energy bars.
|Ideal for||Road cycling|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
|Venting||Zippered chest vents|
|Pockets||3 back drop-in|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|