The soft, furry lining is pure fun. The lightweight shell offers solid secure protection.
- Lightweight in-mold construction with a polycarbonate shell and an EPS inner.
- AirEvac2 system drives warm air away from goggles and adjusts by folding or unfolding liner flaps.
- Fit system adjusts with the twist of dial.
- Softy, furry tricot lining is removable and machine washable.
- Helmet and removable goggle clip are contoured to match the curve of Smith goggles for gap-free coverage.
|Weight||350g (Youth Medium)|
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).