Bring amazing lightness and awesome protection to your gravity-fed adventures. A multi-directional impact protection system (MIPS) reduces rotational forces and torque of side impacts, making this a super-safe option for your irreplaceable brain.
- Impact protection system reduces the rotational force of an oblique impact. An inner shell, under the foam, between the padding, rotates slightly to mitigate torque.
- Lightweight in-mold construction with a polycarbonate shell and an EPS inner
- AirEvac2 system drives warm air away from your goggles and adjusts by folding or unfolding liner flaps.
- Lifestyle Fit System has a self-adjusting elastic at the back of the head, so fit is taken care of.
- Removable Snapfit SL earpads are machine washable and work with Skullcandy audio systems.
- Toque-compatible liner is removable and machine washable.
- Contoured to match the curve of Smith goggles for gap-free coverage.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable suspension system|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).