If you've been dreaming of mud, rain and coming-in-too-hot dismounts all summer long, the X-Night 60 is for you. Born in Belgium and proven by professionals, this bike leverages a host of cross-specific details to deliver a stellar CX machine. The shortened top tube results in precise cornering when navigating tight switchbacks or low-speed technical lines. Raised bottom bracket provides ample room for clearing obstacles without the risk of pedal strikes or terrifying BB clunks. For ultra-technical training rides or races, intentionally flexy seatstays help reduce vibration and chudder without sacrificing stiffness. Clever cross-specific details include frame size-specific top tube diameters to accommodate different hand sizes for comfortable hauling, and internal cable routing for snag-free shouldering when clearing obstacles or crushing run-ups. As an added bonus, this CX weapon is future-proofed for electronic shifting compatibility.
- High modulus unidirectional carbon frame with shortened top tube and raised bottom bracket designed specifically for CX.
- Full carbon fibre fork with carbon steer tube.
- BB30 bottom bracket sheds grams, provides a narrow q-factor and sprint-ready stiffness.
- Tapered head tube improves stiffness while saving weight.
- Shimano 105 11-speed drivetrain provides solid and precise shifting in a lightweight package with an ultra-comfortable lever feel.
- TRP Spyre mechanical disc brakes provide big power and nuanced modulation in all conditions.
- Fulcrum Racing Sport DB CX wheels survive the rigours of cross, training and hard winter riding.
- Mega Challenge-32c Grifo tires are a solid all-rounders for racing and training.
- Internally routed cables are aerodynamic, shoulder-friendly and compatible with electronic or mechanical setups.
Geometry influences comfort, efficiency, and how the bike handles, particularly its steering.
|Frame||Ridley X-Night Disc HM carbon|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|TRP Spyre (mechanical disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105|
|Crank + rings||FSA Gossamer Pro 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano PF30|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-28T|
|Tires||Challenge Grifo 700 x 32|
|Wheel||Fulcrum Racing Sport DB CX|