What kind of bike can hang in on club rides, gravel grind and race cyclocross all in one weekend? Until now, nothing, but that's changed with the arrival of the X-Trail series. With many of the stellar features found on its carbon sibling (the C30), the A30 draws on a high-performing aluminum frame that won't break the bank. Incredibly versatile, the geometry combines the nimbleness of a cyclocross ride with the high-speed stability and stiffness of a road bike, so can you ride pretty much anywhere. Massive clearance allows up to 38C tires to hammer the cyclocross circuit or a group ride by simply swapping out tires or wheels. Lightweight and silky smooth, the 11-speed Shimano 105 gruppo is a true performer with a versatile gear range. Mechanical TRP Spyre disc brakes provide stopping power with nuanced modulation (and they're great value). A host of smart details make this package a winner: an asymmetric rear triangle for shock absorption and stiffness, hidden fender mounts for everyday usability and a scuff guard on the fork to prevent damage when swapping out wheels.
- Triple butted hydroformed aluminum frame is light, incredibly durable and represents huge value.
- Lowered bottom bracket provides the high speed stability needed for road riding.
- Rear triangle design features uniquely shaped individual tubes for maximum stiffness, low weight and a comfortable degree of flex.
- Bridgeless seat stay design improves tire clearance and allows the seat stay to independently flex for added shock absorption.
- Oversized tapered head tube increases front end stiffness and steering precision.
- Asymmetric carbon fibre fork features a carbon steertube and integrated scuff guard.
- Pressfit 86 bottom bracket results in excellent power transfer and high-speed stability.
- 11-speed Shimano 105 gruppo yields precise shifting in a lightweight package.
- TRP Spyre mechanical disc brakes provide power and modulation in any weather.
- Compact 50/34 crank and 11-32t cassette offers a wide gear range.
- Thru-axles front and rear provide outstanding stiffness, tracking and quick wheel changes.
- 4ZA CX wheels are durable enough to handle every weird adventure.
- 38C tires handle the rigours of gravel grinding or cyclocross.
- Hidden fender mounts add touring versatility.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Frame||Ridley X-Trail Disc 6061 aluminum|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|TRP Spyre (mechanical disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FC RS500 50-34T|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-32T|
|Tires||Challenge Gravel Grinder 700 x 38|
|Wheel||Fulcrum Racing Sport CX|