Ghost Kato 4 Bicycle - Unisex
Ghost Kato 4 Bicycle - Unisex
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Fast, light, nimble, surprisingly affordable – that's the Ghost Kato 4. With a lightweight aluminum frame, shortened chainstays and 27.5in. wheels, the Kato delivers a lightweight ride with a flickable and playful feel. The fork features adjustable rebound for a nuanced ride and a bar-mounted lock-out for when hammering out to the trail or climbing. Bombproof rims laced to classy Shimano hubs results in a wheelset that's ready to climb, descend and biff the odd botched landing. Hydraulic discs provide powerful braking and modulation in the wet and dry, and are super easy to bleed if/when the time comes. A mixed groupset of Alivio, Acera and Deore results in a setup that's as reliable as it is smooth shifting, while the mega sized 11-34t cassette mountain-goats up even the gnarliest climbs. Totally reliable, fun to ride and carefully equipped, this is an excellent ride for long and involved days of cross-country riding.
- Ghost 7000 series aluminum frame is lightweight, ultra-strong and vibration dampening.
- 27.5in wheelset provides the smooth rolling advantages of 29'er setups with the nimble agility of classic 26in wheelsets.
- Alex rims with Shimano hubs are fast-rolling, reliable and tough.
- Front fork features an adjustable rebound and a bar-mounted lock-out.
- Shimano hydraulic discs provides outstanding power and modulation.
- 9-speed Alivio SL trigger shifters are fast-shifting and reliable.
- Acera triple front derailleur.
- Deore rear derailleur shifts across 9-speed 11-34t cassette.
- Bikes are covered by MEC’s Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and a meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Kato 27.5 aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour XCR RL R|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M355 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M355 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Alivio SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Acera|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Deore|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Alivio 40-30-22T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano RM33|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 9-speed 11-34T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Smart Sam 27.5 x 2.1|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 3315|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.