Ghost Lanao 4 Bicycle - Women's
A solid entry-level hardtail for intermediate to advanced cross-country riding. With a lightweight aluminum frame and 27.5in. wheels, the Lanao 4 provides a ride that's playful, agile and stable. The dropped top tube decreases standover height for a comfortable ride without affecting ride geometry or rigidity. Adjustable rebound on the fork offer a nuanced ride, and the lock-out lets you hammer and climb nimbly. Shimano hydraulic discs provide powerful braking and nuanced modulation in the wet and dry, and are easy to bleed if/when the time comes. A mixed groupset of Alivio, Acera and Deore results in reliable, smooth shifting, while the mega sized 11-34t cassette mountain-goats up even the gnarliest climbs. Whether you're looking to hit the bike path or local trails, the Lanao 4 is the ticket for technical cross-country riding or around-town cruising.
- Ghost 7000 series aluminum frame is lightweight, ultra-strong and vibration dampening.
- 27.5in. wheelset provides the smooth rolling advantages of 29'er setups with the nimble agility of classic 26in. wheelsets.
- Fork features an adjustable rebound and a bar-mounted lock-out.
- Shimano hydraulic discs provide outstanding power and modulation.
- 9-speed Alivio shifters are fast-shifting and reliable.
- Acera triple front derailleur.
- Acera triple crank offers a wide-ranging ring size for effective climbing and flat-level pace.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Lanao 27.5 aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour XCR RL R|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Rizer 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M355 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M355 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Acera SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Alivio|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Deore|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Alivio 40-30-22T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano RM33|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 9-speed 11-34T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Smart Sam 27.5 x 2.1|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 4212 W|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.