Ghost Tacana 5 Bicycle - Unisex
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
For when you're ready to up your XC game, this super solid 29’er delivers. The aluminum hardtail frame with XC geometry is stable, playful and totally agile. 29'ers roll over pretty much everything, and are robust enough to survive the odd botched line or landing. Single track ready fork features a bar mounted lock-out for extended climbs or city riding. Hydraulic discs provide powerful braking and modulation in the wet and dry, and are a cinch to bleed if/when the time comes. A mixed groupset of Deore and XT is reliable and smooth, while the mega sized 11-36T 10 speed cassette mountain-goats the gnarliest climbs or descents.
- Ghost 7005 series aluminum frame is lightweight, ultra-strong and vibration dampening.
- 29in. wheelset provides a ride that's fast and able to roll over pretty much anything.
- Suntour Radion RL-R 100mm fork remotely locks out and is rebound adjustable.
- Solid Shimano hydraulic disc brakes provide excellent stopping power and modulation.
- Time-proven Deore 10 speed shifters are reliable and fast-shifting.
- Shimano triple crank offers a wide-ranging ring size for effective climbing and flat-level pace.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Tacana 29 7005 DB aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour Raidon XC RL-R|
|Stem||Ghost M01 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M355 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M355 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Deore|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Deore 36-22T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano RM33|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano HG50 10-speed 11-36T|
|Tires||Michelin Country Race'R 29 x 2.1|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 1353|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.