Salomon Quest Max 130 Ski Boots - Men's
A burly freeride boot for skiers looking to take alpine performance beyond the resort boundary. Very stiff, this boot is built for high-charged freeskiing and big-drop hucking. Then, with the flip of a switch, change to hike mode for the climb back up. Comes with alpine DIN soles, but touring soles are an available option, should you choose to go adventuring somewhere outside the resort.
- Bi-material polyurethane upper cuff and 360-degree wrap technology lower shell provide secure leg hold for fit and performance.
- Waterproof gusset between the lower shell overlap and forefoot seals out snow and water.
- Full thermoformalble liner with ultralight construction and plastic tongue provides comfort and performance.
- 24mm oversized pivot increases power transmission for driving modern wide skis.
- Backbone release hike and ride mechanism provides solid connection between the cuff and lower shell. Progressive flex when locked for skiing, or wide opening for heel to toe transitioning when unlocked for hiking.
- 3 magnesium buckles and power strap provide lightweight, secure closure and fit.
- Flex index 130.
- Last is 98mm wide in the midfoot for comfort and fit range.
- Extended rubber sole in mid foot provides security when walking on slippery or icy surfaces.
The boot and binding systems must match for best performance and safe use.
|Lower shell material||Polyurethane|
|Shell cuff material||Polyurethane|
Alpine Touring: with tread; compatible with DIN touring bindings. Alpine Touring Tech (Tech): with tread; compatible with G3 Onyx and Dynafit. Downhill: without tread; compatible with freeride/downhill bindings.
Indicates how stiff the boots are when flexed forward. Flex ranges from 50 (soft) to 130 (very stiff). Note: There is currently no industry standardized test.
The width of the interior of the boot shell across the widest part of the forefoot.
|Thermoformable inner boot||Yes|
A mechanism that allows to release the boot cuff to switch to tour mode.