All-mountain explorers need not concede carving capability. The Q-85 is a frontside railer and a backside bounder. It offers up maneuverability on hardpack while a hook-free taper gives you easy steering when you drift over to softer snow. The tip-to-tail wood core makes it stable, while the utility rocker with early rise tip and tail offers terrain versatility. When you hit groomed runs, the carve zone and traditional camber let you open the throttle.
- Semi-sandwich construction with ABS sidewalls, monocoque cap construction at the tip and tail for edge grip underfoot and increased maneuverability.
- Full wood core offers stability, powerful rebound and solid contact to filter vibration.
- Utility rocker with early rise tip and tail gives you terrain versatility, float in soft snow, fluid terrain absorption, directional stability and edge grip.
- Wide, durable edges adds shock resistance.
- Traditional cambered carve zone has a focused sidecut for power, energy and grip.
- Hook-free taper features a 5-point sidecut: the tip and tail taper at the extremities for easier turn initiation and smooth steering in soft or variable snow.
- Skin camlock compatible.
- Glossy topsheet.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.