The lightest ski in Salomon’s X-Drive family, the X-Drive 8.3 is an agile answer to anything the mountain throws at you. A light density wood core offers stability and substantial weight savings over a traditional wood core while pre-mounted XT12 bindings and a carbon-polyamide reinforcement offer strong edge grip to rip. Basalt fibers runs the length of the ski, for impressive dampening and absorption, great for those seeking a smooth and stable all-mountain experience.
- Pre-mounted XT12 X-Track alpine bindings (just have a ski tech set them to your boot and preferred DIN).
- Spheric top sheet.
- Semi-sandwich construction, ABS sidewalls in the middle and monocoque cap construction at the tip and tail for strong edge grip underfoot.
- Light density wood core provides stability and responsiveness with a 15% weight savings over a traditional wood core.
- All-terrain rocker has moderate early rise tip and slight early rise tail giving you precision and maneuverability for easy steering.
- Carbon-polyamide diagonal reinforcement mid-ski increases stiffness and stability.
- 3D composite fiber in the rocker contact zones for stability and a basalt fiber layer provides dampening and vibration absorption.
|Ideal for||Downhill skiing|
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.
|Rocker/camber profile||Rocker tip|