If hard-and-fast sums up your style, lock on to lightweight all-mountain boots that deliver downhill performance. Hike and ride modes give you range of motion at the flick of a switch. A heat mouldable shell wraps your foot in a custom fit, and the upper cuff gets a rear insert to achieve the perfect amount of flex. An oversized pivot helps you dial up your edging and a waterproof gusset in the forefoot seals out snow and water to keep you dry.
- 360-degree, heat moldable custom shell gives great foot wrap.
- Polyurethane lower shell has consistent density for easy progression and serious durability.
- Polymer upper cuff has a reinforced rear lateral insert so the softer front cuff can be used to provide progressive flex.
- A magnesium piece links the cuff to the shell, providing solid back support, rebound and progressive forward flex when unlocked.
- Hike and ride technology gives you range of motion via an easy to use switch.
- When locked for hiking it releases the cuff on the back for a wider opening and an easier heel to toe transition.
- Oversized pivot gives you reduced play for precision and direct transmission.
- Custom fit 3D pro liner is made of preshaped high density foam that is 60% thermoformable.
- Waterproof PVC gusset between the lower shell and forefoot hood seals out snow and water.
- 3 lightweight micro aluminum buckles.
- 50mm booster strap.
- Extended grippy rubber sole.
The boot and binding systems must match for best performance and safe use.
|Lower shell material||Polyurethane|
|Shell cuff material||Polymer|
Alpine Touring: with tread; compatible with DIN touring bindings. Alpine Touring Tech (Tech): with tread; compatible with G3 Onyx and Dynafit. Downhill: without tread; compatible with freeride/downhill bindings.
Range of motion
The range of motion of the boot when in hike mode.
Indicates how stiff the boots are when flexed forward. Flex ranges from 50 (soft) to 130 (very stiff). Note: There is currently no industry standardized test.
The width of the interior of the boot shell across the widest part of the forefoot.
|Thermoformable inner boot||Yes|
A mechanism that allows to release the boot cuff to switch to tour mode.