Pearl Izumi Elite Barrier Jacket - Men's
A shell to get you through a mix of conditions. Lightweight and packable, it works as part of your cold-weather layering system.
- Elite Barrier fabric provides a resistant layer to fend off wind and water.
- Zipper has an internal draft flap to eliminate cold spots.
- Tapered collar doesn't bite into your neck.
- Contoured, shaped cuffs.
- Single back pocket closes with hook-and-loop patches.
- Reflective elements for low-light visibility.
- Elasticized hem offers coverage.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.