Merrell Trail Glove 3 - Men's
Barefoot trail runners that offer a nice balance of foot freedom and protection. They use minimal cushioning and traction so your footwear setup stays super-lightweight. If you’re stepping into the barefoot world, your feet will need time to adjust – Merrell® recommends that you build up your barefoot activities slowly.
- Uppers are textile and breathable air mesh and are vegan too.
- Omni-fit lacing system wraps the foot with a precise, glove-like fit.
- Welded TPU overlays and fused rubber toe bumper add durability.
- Microfibre footbed with an antimicrobial treatment.
- 4mm compression-moulded mapped EVA midsole provides protection from uneven terrain and stone bruising without disconnecting you from the trail.
- 1mm forefoot shock absorption plate protects foot by distributing pressure but maintains natural forefoot flexibility.
- Vibram® sole gives full-length, flexible lugged traction. Rubber compound provides durable grippy performance.
- 10.5mm total stack height including outsole.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The footwear body is constructed from this material.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.