Windproof and water-resistant, the fabric stands up to "yuck" weather, so your ride can go ahead as scheduled. A full zip requires no elaborate over-the-head manoeuvers if the deluge turns out to be a flash storm. And zip off sleeves turn it into a vest when the day heats up. Highly reflective and well-fitted, it's a versatile shield from the wet and wind.
- Elite Barrier polyester sheds water and blocks wind.
- Durable water repellent (DWR) finish repels light rain and road spray.
- Polyester mesh panel in back for venting.
- Collar tapers from front to back for on-bike ergonomics.
- Front zipper has an internal draft flap and a zipper garage for chin protection.
- Zip-off raglan sleeves.
- Hook and loop adjustable cuffs.
- Drop tail hem with one-hand-pull elastic drawcord.
- Zippered back pocket and 2 zippered hand pockets.
- BioViz reflective elements help drivers see you in low light.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.