A feature rich, high res camera for capturing every turn, shred, stride, or drop. 1080p/30fps resolution offers crisp resolution, while the 240fps @ 480p slow-mo option provides crystal clear footage. An internal GPS and integrated G-Metrix software allows you to track and overlay heartrate, location, altitude, and speed to your finished video. Plus, Bluetooth 4.0 functionality let's you use a Bluetooth microphone for in-the-moment commentary. As tough as it is technically sophisticated, the VIRB X is waterproofed to 50 meters without the need for an external case, while the flat front glass construction repels water droplets for consistently clear underwater or wet-weather footage. To top it off, the VIRB X utilizes common a GoPro mount, for a huge range of mounting options that capture every kind of action.
- True 1080p HD video from a 12MP CMOS image processor.
- Still image capture takes 12mp photo bursts (10 per second) or time-lapsed captures (up to 120 second intervals) while filming.
- Hydrophobic flat glass lens.
- Built in Wi-Fi streams to the mobile VIRB Edit Mobile App, allowing you to line up shots, edit footage, and stream from multiple cameras.
- Electronic image stabilization and lens distortion correction.
- Rechargeable battery lasts up to 2 hours.
- Internal microphone.
- No memory card included. Supports up to 128GB micro SD cards.
- GoPro camera mount system allows for a big range of mounting options.
- USB charged.
|Instant on-record switch||Yes|
Interval photo mode
The interval, in seconds, at which you can set the camera to take pictures.
|Microphone||Internal mic + external jack (sold separately) + Bluetooth (sold separately)|
Allows setting a level horizon regardless of camera orientation.
|Dimensions||7.7 x 3.7 x 4.1cm|
Maximum memory capacity
The maximum additional memory accepted by the device.
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Batteries||Lithium-polymer 980mAh (included)|
|Interface||USB and Wireless|
|Still photo mode||Yes|
|Data card||microSD card (not included)|
|GPS image tagging||Yes|
Ensures seamless digital wireless communication between ANT+ devices. For example, data from an ultra-low power wireless sensor can be displayed on a bike computer or smartphone, then downloaded to a PC, etc.
Laser image alignment
Built-in laser allows for setting an accurate video horizon line.