Ridley Fenix SL30 Road Bicycle - Unisex
The Fenix is reborn. With a revamped frame that's 15% lighter and 8% stiffer than its predecessor, the SL blurs the lines between race bike and endurance bike like no other. A uniquely layered carbon fibre frame creates a responsive, comfortable ride. On high-spirited KOM attempts or finish line sprints, the tapered headtube and massive pressfit BB create a direct transfer between you and the road. Detour onto logging roads, and the Fenix's endurance roots come alive. When descending rough backroads, the flattened chainstays and tire clearance (up to 30mm) offer a compliant ride without sacrificing race-ready stiffness. Equipped with one of the best gruppos around, it gets a reliable, responsive and impossibly cool, 11-speed Shimano Ultegra Di2 shift setup that sets the standard for electronic shifting performance. When coming in hot to technical hairpins, the Ultegra brakes produce a confidence-inspiring balance catch-free power and nuanced modulation. Details make a bike special, so Ridley opted to adorn the Fenix with a host of proven 4ZA aluminum components to tie this sick ride together.
- High modulus carbon fibre frame with comfort and stiffness engineered diamond shaped top and headtubes performs in all conditions.
- Slightly raised headtube adds a bit of endurance comfort to an otherwise race-ready fit.
- Tapered and reinforced headtube shaves grams, aids aggressive handling and provides excellent impact protection.
- Flattened chainstays provide shock absorption for a comfortable, buzz-free ride.
- Shimano Pressfit BB aids power transfer without adding weight.
- Revamped carbon fibre fork with carbon steertube integrates into frame for aerodynamic gains.
- Internal routing aids aerodynamics while keeping cables silky smooth.
- Carbon fibre drop outs help cut overall weight, while the stainless steel inserts add protection.
- Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheelset with 25mm Mavic Yksion Pro tires weigh in at 1930 grams.
- Shimano 11-speed Ultegra Di2 electronic groupset is accurate, fast-shifting and reliable.
- 52-36T Shimano Ultegra crankset.
- Shimano Ultegra brakes.
- 4ZA Cirrus seat, seatpost, stem and other components are race ready and durable.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ridley Fenix SL HM carbon|
|Fork||Fenix HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Cirrus 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 42-ACB|
|Handlebars||4ZA Cirrus 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano Ultegra (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Ultegra Di2|
|Shifters||Shimano Ultegra Di2|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Ultegra Di2|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Ultegra Di2|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Ultegra 52-36T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Pressfit|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-32T|
|Tires||Mavic Yksion Pro 700 x 25|
|Wheel||Mavic Ksyrium Elite|
|Saddle||4ZA Cirrus Pro|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.