Ridley Fenix SL50 Road Bicycle - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
There's never been a Fenix like this. With a revamped frame that's 15% lighter and 8% stiffer than before, the SL blurs the line between a race bike and endurance bike. A uniquely layered carbon fibre frame creates a responsive, comfortable ride. On high-spirited KOM attempts or finishing sprints, the tapered headtube and massive pressfit BB create a direct transfer between you and the road. Detour onto logging roads, and the Fenix's endurance roots come alive. When descending washboard gravel, the flattened chainstays and tire clearance (up to 30mm) offer a compliant ride without sacrificing race-ready stiffness. Mavic Aksiums are a tried and true all around performer – tough, fast-rolling and aerodynamic. A frame this good deserves a certain calibre of components, so Ridley opted for SL50 with Shimano's excellent 11-speed 105 groupset and a host of proven 4ZA aluminum components to tie this whip together.
- High modulus carbon fibre frame with comfort and stiffness engineered diamond shaped top and headtubes performs in all conditions.
- Slightly raised headtube adds a bit of endurance comfort to an otherwise race-ready fit.
- Tapered, reinforced headtube shaves grams, aids aggressive handling and provides excellent impact protection.
- Flattened chainstays provide shock absorption for a comfortable, buzz-free ride.
- Shimano Pressfit BB aids power transfer without adding weight.
- Revamped carbon fibre fork with carbon steertube integrates into frame for aerodynamic gains.
- Internal routing aids aerodynamics while keeping cables silky smooth.
- Carbon fibre drop outs help cut overall weight, while the stainless steel inserts add protection.
- Mavic Aksium wheelset with 25mm Continental tires.
- Shimano 11-speed 105 groupset.
- Compact Shimano crankset is at home climbing or sprinting.
- Shimano 105 brakes feel as good as they perform.
- 4ZA seat, seatpost, stem and other components are race ready and durable.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ridley Fenix SL HM carbon|
|Fork||Fenix SL HM carbon|
|Headset||FSA NO. 42-ACB|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-R561 (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FC RS500 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Pressfit|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-32T|
|Tires||Continental Ultra Sport II 700 x 25|
|Wheel||Mavic Aksium Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.