A full-blown carbon race bike with endurance bike tendencies. Featuring feather-weight carbon fibre, the Liz combines a unique diamond-shape frame with intentional flex areas to make it responsive under power and forgiving on rough terrain. While performance is at the forefront, Ridley worked with professional female riders to produce a unique women's frame. The slightly curved toptube helps lower standover height and shorten the reach, allowing a confident position for aggressively railing crits or cruising fondos. Mavic's go-to Aksium wheels are an all-around option or trainer wheel. The low spoke count cuts wind surprisingly well for a low-profile tire, and they're no slouch on climbs. Equiped with Shimano's excellent 11-speed 105 groupset and a host of proven 4ZA aluminum components, this whip goes to the next level of sweet.
- Unidirectional carbon fibre frame blends 30 and 24 ton high modulus carbon for a frame that balances strength with lightness.
- Curved top tube allows for a lower standover height, and negates the need for short and twitchy stems.
- Tapered, reinforced headtube shaves grams, aids aggressive handling and provides excellent impact protection.
- Flattened chainstays provide shock absorption for a comfortable, buzz-free ride.
- Shimano Pressfit BB aids power transfer without adding weight.
- Full carbon fork provides excellent shock absorption and an aerodynamic profile.
- Internal routing aids aerodynamics while keeping cables silky smooth.
- Mavic Aksium wheelset with 23mm Continental Ultra Sport tires.
- Shimano 11-speed 105 groupset represents stellar value.
- Compact Shimano crankset is at home climbing or sprinting.
- Shimano BR-R561 brakes offer a smooth throw and plenty of power.
- 4ZA seat, seatpost, stem and other components are race ready and durable.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ridley Liz HM carbon|
|Fork||Liz HM carbon|
|Headset||FSA NO. 42-ACB|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-R561 (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FC RS500 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano PF30 with BSA adaptor|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-32T|
|Tires||Continental Ultra Sport 700 x 23|
|Wheel||Mavic Aksium Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.