When speed is essential, the bare essentials (and a little cushion) is all you need. With a neutral platform and a nice bit of cushion, these trail runners give a fast and fun feel when you’re navigating flowy singletrack or rocky riverbeds. Gusseted tongues and ruggedly lugged outsoles provide comfort and traction over technical terrain.
- Synthetic uppers are no-sew construction for reduced weight and a locked-in fit.
- Gusseted tongues keep debris from creeping in.
- Reinforced toes prevent painful toe stubbing.
- EVA injected midsoles are cushy, comfortable and stable.
- Speed Ride soles provide shock absorption in a lightweight package.
- Rugged outsoles combine trail and road running lugs for solid grip over changing surface types.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.