Ghost Kato 1 Bicycle - Unisex
Unavailable online. Check your local store for availability.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Rethink where your bike can take you. With fast-rolling, agile 27.5in. wheels, 120mm of front travel and powerful hydraulic discs, the Kato readies you for gravel, trail and city adventure riding. The frame has shortened chainstays to make the ride feel responsive on singletrack or when hammering out of the saddle. Shimano Acera and Altus components provide consistent and accurate shifting. Tektro hydraulic discs provide steady braking power and satisfying modulation when the going gets wetter than expected. For commuting or urban riding, the mechanical front fork features a lock-out system to add efficiency.
- 7000 series aluminum frame reduces road vibration, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Shortened chainstays produce a fast-accelerating and nimble ride.
- Mechanical fork with 120mm of travel can be locked out for added rigidity.
- Acera shifters mated to Shimano Altus derailleurs provide reliable and fast-acting shifting.
- 8-speed cassette yield a versatile gear ratio for commuting or mountain-goating up steep climbs.
- Hydraulic disc brakes provide solid stopping power in all weather conditions.
- 27.5 inch wheels hit the sweet spot between agility and fast-rolling smoothness.
- Alex rims laced to Ghost hubs are smooth rolling and trail ready.
- Schwalbe tires are proven trail performers.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Kato 27.5 aluminum|
|Fork||RST Blaze MLO|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro ACC (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro ACC|
|Shifters||Shimano Acera SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Altus|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Altus|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FCM 171 42-34-24T|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 8-speed 12-32T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Smart Sam 27.5 x 2.1|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 3315|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.