Ghost Kato 7 Bicycle - Unisex
Trails await. Go ride them. Leveraging a higher grade aluminum than its younger Kato siblings, the 7 also features improved components. The super-sensitive, buttery RockShox fork is adjustable and can be remotely locked out for climbing or commuting. 27.5 inch wheels hit the sweet point between the fast-rolling stability of a 29er and the agility of 26-inch bikes. Shimano disc brakes provide solid stopping power and modulation when you need it, and are reliable for all season use. Shifting is precise thanks to Shimano's quietly excellent Deore SL shifters, mated to a rock solid Deore front derailleur and sexy XT rear mech. And the burly, trail ready rims will survive rough terrain without feeling like a set of boat anchors.
- 7000 series aluminum frame reduces road vibration, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Shortened chainstays produce a fast-accelerating and nimble ride.
- Adjustable 120mm RockShox fork can be remotely locked out for added rigidity.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes provide solid stopping power and modulation in wet trail conditions.
- Shimano Deore 10-speed shifts mated to Deore front and XT rear derailleurs provide fast-acting shift performance.
- Shimano Deore crank and cassette gives a versatile, trail ready gear range.
- 27.5 inch wheels hit the sweet spot between agility and fast-rolling smoothness.
- Alex rims laced to Shimano Deore hubs are smooth rolling, reliable and trail ready.
- Schwalbe tires are proven trail performers.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Kato 27.5 aluminum|
|Fork||RockShox 30 Gold Solo Air RL|
|Stem||Ghost AS-M01 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M396 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M396 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Deore|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Deore 36-22T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG50 10-speed 11-36T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Smart Sam 27.5 x 2.25|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 3315|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.