Ghost Tacana 2 Bicycle - Unisex
Looking to enter the 29er world? The Tacana 2 gets you off to a fast-rolling start. Ghost's performance-grade aluminum frame is a solid performer: compliant enough to soak up road buzz, with an oversized headtube and broad tubing for outstanding torsional strength. The RST Blaze fork features a remote lockout for sustained logging road climbs. Massive 29in. wheels with burly Michelin rubber eat up obstacle-ridden terrain and bite into loose sections of gravel and horrific mud. As stopping is just as important as rolling, Ghost opted for powerful Tektro hydraulic disc brakes. The result? You can brake later with confidence in mud, rain or grit. Tried and true Shimano Acera shifters keep shifts clean and precise over the long haul, while a versatile triple crank ensures you'll find the right gear every time.
- Ghost 7000 series aluminum frame is broadly shaped and oversized for added strength and durability.
- Oversized headtube increases stiffness under hard accelerations and cornering.
- RST Blaze RL front fork with 100mm of travel and bar-mounted remote lockout.
- Custom Ghost 29in. wheelset with aggressive Michelin Country Race 2.1 tires.
- Shimaon Acera and Altus 8-speed groupset.
- Shimano FCM triple ring crank is at home in bike lanes and on singletrack.
- Tektro ACC hydraulic disc brakes are powerful and reliable.
- Ghost brand seat, seatpost, stem and other components are durable and trail ready.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Tacana 29 7005 DB aluminum|
|Fork||RST Blaze RLO|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro ACC (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro ACC|
|Shifters||Shimano Acera SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Altus|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Acera|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FCM 171 42-34-24T|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 8-speed 12-32T|
|Tires||Michelin Country Race'R 29 x 2.1|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 3315|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.