Ghost Tacana 7 Bicycle - Unisex
Beautifully equipped and trail ready, the Tacana 7 fires you into the 29er world with performance and style. Ghost's performance-grade aluminum frame is a solid performer: compliant enough to soak up road buzz, with an oversized headtube and broad tubing for outstanding torsional strength. Drool-worthy Rock Shox Gold Solo Air fork smooths out technical singletrack with ease. The remote lockout adds power when crawling up steep techy sections. Massive 29in. wheels with burly Schwalbe rubber help keep the rubber side down on obstacle-ridden terrain, and bite into loose sections of gravel and horrific mud. As stopping is as important as rolling, Ghost opted for no-nonsense Shimano hydraulic discs. The result? You can brake later with confidence, in mud, rain or grit. Shimano Deore components and a sexy XT rear derailleur keep this trail-ready whip in race shape
- Ghost 7000 series aluminum frame is broadly shaped and oversized for added strength and durability.
- Oversized headtube increases stiffness under hard accelerations and cornering.
- Rock Shox Gold Solo Air fork with 100mm of travel and Poploc remote lockout.
- Custom Ghost 29in. wheelset are wrapped in Schwalbe Smart Sam 2.1 tires.
- Shimano Deore and Deore XT 10-speed groupset.
- Race-ready Shimano Deore double crankset is a rock solid unit.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes are powerful and reliable all-trail performers.
- Ghost brand seat, seatpost, stem and other components are durable and trail ready.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Tacana 29 7005 DB aluminum|
|Fork||RockShox 30 Gold Solo Air PopLoc|
|Stem||Ghost AS-M01 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M396 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M396 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Deore|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Deore 36-22T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano BB-51 BSA|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano HG50 10-speed 11-36T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Smart Sam 29 x 2.1|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 1353|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.