When speed is everything, there is the Lector 6. Engineered and equipped for pace, this 29er hardtail offers race-ready performance in a hyper-light carbon package. The Lector draws on its aggressive fit for powerful climbing and nimble handling, making it ideal for your local toonie-race or fast group ride. The benefits of 29ers are hard to refute, especially when paired with an outstandingly fast and stiff wheelset: solid Alex rims mated to buttery Shimano XT thru-axle hubs. To match the performance potential of the frame, it has a Shimano gold-standard XT groupset. Mega-sized disc rotors with XT brakes provide enduro levels of power when descending technical switchbacks, while the XT Plus derailleur prevents excessive chain-slap. To keep that groupset shifting and braking, sleek internal routing ensures cables stay protected and smooth.
- Carbon fibre frame is an ultra-stiff yet buzz-reducing lightweight beauty.
- Tapered head tube means a wider bottom bearing than top. The result is a light, responsive, stiff ride under power.
- Race-engineered geometry results in nimble handling, torsional stiffness and a low overall weight.
- Internally routed cables provide consistent shifting performance, and won't get caught on branches or other high-velocity obstacles.
- Pressfit bottom bracket reduces q-factor and weight while increasing stiffness under power.
- Chainstay reinforced with rugged plastic sheath prevents damage from chain-slap.
- Fox Float 32 Performance FIT 4 fork with anodized stanchions features remote level for 3 positions of suspension adjustment.
- Ghost-brand rims mated to Shimano XT hubs feature 15mm (front) and 12mm (rear) thru-axles.
- Shimano XT 11-speed shifters offer superb performance in a lightweight, durable package.
- Shimano XT brakes are professional-proven performers. Massive 180mm (front) and 160mm discs make them even better.
- Shimano XT Plus rear derailleur eliminates noisy chain slap when riding hard.
- Schwalbe Rocket Ron EVO tires are proven performers for racing and hard riding.
- 31.6mm seat tube diameter makes future dropper post upgrades a cinch.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Lector 29 carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 32 Air Performance FIT Remote|
|Stem||Ghost M01 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost SL 719|
|Handlebars||Ghost Flat light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||Shimano XT SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT Plus|
|Crank + rings||Shimano XT 36-26T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano XT|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano XT 11-speed 11-40T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Rocket Ron EVO 29 x 2.25|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.