Ghost Lector 6 LC Bicycle - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
When speed is everything, there is the Lector 6. Engineered and equipped for pace, this 29er hardtail offers race-ready performance in a hyper-light carbon package. The Lector draws on its aggressive fit for powerful climbing and nimble handling, making it ideal for your local toonie-race or fast group ride. The benefits of 29ers are hard to refute, especially when paired with an outstandingly fast and stiff wheelset: solid Alex rims mated to buttery Shimano XT thru-axle hubs. To match the performance potential of the frame, it has a Shimano gold-standard XT groupset. Mega-sized disc rotors with XT brakes provide enduro levels of power when descending technical switchbacks, while the XT Plus derailleur prevents excessive chain-slap. To keep that groupset shifting and braking, sleek internal routing ensures cables stay protected and smooth.
- Carbon fibre frame is an ultra-stiff yet buzz-reducing lightweight beauty.
- Tapered head tube means a wider bottom bearing than top. The result is a light, responsive, stiff ride under power.
- Race-engineered geometry results in nimble handling, torsional stiffness and a low overall weight.
- Internally routed cables provide consistent shifting performance, and won't get caught on branches or other high-velocity obstacles.
- Pressfit bottom bracket reduces q-factor and weight while increasing stiffness under power.
- Chainstay reinforced with rugged plastic sheath prevents damage from chain-slap.
- Fox Float 32 Performance FIT 4 fork with anodized stanchions features remote level for 3 positions of suspension adjustment.
- Ghost-brand rims mated to Shimano XT hubs feature 15mm (front) and 12mm (rear) thru-axles.
- Shimano XT 11-speed shifters offer superb performance in a lightweight, durable package.
- Shimano XT brakes are professional-proven performers. Massive 180mm (front) and 160mm discs make them even better.
- Shimano XT Plus rear derailleur eliminates noisy chain slap when riding hard.
- Schwalbe Rocket Ron EVO tires are proven performers for racing and hard riding.
- 31.6mm seat tube diameter makes future dropper post upgrades a cinch.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Lector 29 carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 32 Air Performance FIT Remote|
|Stem||Ghost M01 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost SL 719|
|Handlebars||Ghost Flat light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||Shimano XT SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT Plus|
|Crank + rings||Shimano XT 36-26T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano XT|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano XT 11-speed 11-40T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Rocket Ron EVO 29 x 2.25|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.