Ghost Lawu 2 Bicycle - Women's
The Lawu 2 is everything you need for dropping into the fast and fun world of cross-country riding. With a frame and components designed for women, it delivers a confident and comfortable ride that suits both city riding and mellow cross country trails. The shortened, slightly lowered top tube makes getting on and off the bike easier – a good feature to have when running around the city or flowing through singletrack. The cushy RST front shock takes the brunt out of rough bike lanes or rocky sections of singletrack. When stopping power is needed immediately, the powerful mechanical disc brakes provide excellent performance in all weather conditions.
- Aluminum frame is lightweight and remarkably durable.
- Women's specific frame geometry creates an intuitive feeling ride.
- RST T fork with 100mm of travel.
- 26in. Ghost wheels with Shimano hubs are nimble, tough and smooth.
- Shimano Altus 8-speed shifters are precise and consistent.
- Shimano M375 mechanical disc brakes.
- Ghost women's specific saddle prevents saddle sores on long rides.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Lawu DB aluminum|
|Fork||RST Gila T|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Rizer 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M375 (mechanical disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro R360|
|Shifters||Shimano Altus SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Altus|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Tourney TX|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FCM 171 42-34-24T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano RM33|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 8-speed 12-32T|
|Tires||Innova 26 x 2.1|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 4212 W|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.