Ghost Kato FS 7 Bicycle - Unisex
Combining the wallet-friendly value of aluminum with range topping components, the Kato FS 7 is a ready-to-go trail machine that won't break the bank. Unique 4-bar frame linkage lets you brake hard without compromising the suspension performance. 650B wheelset marries the agility of 26-inch setups with the smoothness a 29er to create a nimble, fast-rolling and stable ride. 130mm of beautifully buttery Fox suspension in the front and rear soaks up whatever the trail throws at you. Tried, true and always excellent Shimano XT® drive train provides outstanding shifts while shaving grams. Deore hydraulic brakes are true performers – reliable and powerful while offering precise modulation.
- 7000-series aluminium frame features is lightweight, strong and surprisingly cost-effective.
- Tapered head tube increases stiffness while providing direct, responsive steering.
- Fork provides enough travel (130mm) for a wide range of terrain.
- 130mm rear shock soaks up chuddery sections and botched landings.
- 650C wheels are fast rolling yet nimble.
- Four Bar Linkage prevents braking forces from diminishing suspension performance, and guarantees maximum pedal efficiency and traction when ascending or descending.
- Shimano XT 11-speed drivetrain is light, reliable and fast-shifting.
- Shimano XT Plus rear derailleur reduces chain slap.
- Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes provide excellent power and modulation.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost Kato FS 650B 7005 DB aluminum|
|Fork||Fox Float 32 Air FIT RL|
|Rear shock||Fox Float RL|
|Stem||Ghost AS-M01 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano Deore (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Deore|
|Shifters||Shimano XT SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT Plus|
|Crank + rings||Shimano XT 36-26T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano BB-51 BSA|
|Hub (front)||Shimano XT|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano XT 11-speed 11-42T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Nobby Nic 27.5 x 2.25|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 1353|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.