Ghost Slamr 5 Bicycle - Unisex
The all-mountain bike that proves aluminum isn’t dead. Retaining the same frame geometry and components that make the SLAMR 6 LC legendary, this whip handles it all. Efficient and lively on climbs, it provides outstanding composure on physical sections and on heavily-featured trails. Drop the post and get dialled. The slightly slack geometry allows an enduro-like position when getting fast and weird on technical terrain. Hitting the sweet spot between fast pace and total flickability, the 27.5in. wheelset features 12 and 15mm thru-axles for flex-free and straight-as-an-arrow tracking performance. On the fly suspension settings via the Fox Float front and rear suspension system lets you adapt to the trail situation at hand.
- All-mountain ready aluminum frame is designed for outstanding stability and efficient climbing.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Shimano pressfit BB aids power transfer without adding weight.
- Fox Float 32 fork features 130mm of travel and 3 firmness adjustments.
- Fox Float DPS rear shock with 3 on-the-fly firmness adjustments including full lockout.
- Internal routing keeps cables protected and silky smooth.
- 27.5in. Alex VOLAR wheelset features 12mm and 15mm thru axles.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replaces commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque for greater small-bump responsiveness.
- KS Cruxi dropper post with internal routing allows up to 100mm of travel.
- Shimano XT SL 11-speed shifters.
- Shimano double crankset is 36-26T.
- Shimano Deore brakes.
- SDG Circuit saddle is low on weight and comfortable for long days of trail.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to ay MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost SLAMR AL aluminum|
|Fork||Fox Float 32 Air Performance|
|Rear shock||Fox Float DPS Performance 3 Pos|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH4 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||KS Cruxi with 100mm travel|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano Deore (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Deore|
|Shifters||Shimano XT SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT Plus|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FC-MT 700 36-26T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Pressfit|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano XT 11-speed 11-40T|
|Rims||Alex VOLAR 2.5|
|Tires||Schwalbe Nobby Nic EVO 27.5 x 2.25|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.