Ghost Slamr X5 Bicycle - Unisex
Ghost Slamr X5 Bicycle - Unisex
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Big travel and an aluminum frame join forces to create something magical: an affordable all-mountain bike that climbs as well as it descends. With frame geometry based on the SLAMR X8 LC, the X5 has all-mountain capability in a more wallet-friendly package. Slightly slacker geometry suits lines that demand composure and attention. 150mm of travel front and rear suits those looking to tackle ambitious lines. Hitting the sweet spot between fast-rolling pace and total flickability, the 27.5in. wheelset features 12 and 15mm thru-axles for flex-free, straight-as-an-arrow tracking. Outfitted with a mix of solid Shimano components: Deore brakes, a sexy XT Plus rear derailleur and SLX shifters for consistent performance.
- Aluminum frame is lightweight and incredibly durable.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Shimano pressfit BB aids power transfer without adding weight.
- Fox Talas 34 fork features up to 150mm with a 130mm option.
- Fox Float X rear shock with 150mm travel features 3 on-the-fly suspension positions.
- Internal routing keeps cables protected and silky smooth.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replaces commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque for greater small-bump responsiveness.
- KS Cruxi dropper post with 100mm of travel.
- 27.5" Alex VOLAR wheelset with Deore hubs feature 12mm and 15mm thru axles.
- Shimano SLX 10-speed shifters.
- Shimano Deore double crankset is 36-22T.
- Shimano Deore brakes.
- Shimano XT Plus rear derailleur.
- SDG Circuit saddle is low on weight and comfortable for long days of trail.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to ay MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost SLAMR X AL aluminum|
|Fork||Fox Talas 34 Air Performance FIT4 2-position|
|Rear shock||Fox Float X Performance 3 Pos|
|Stem||Ghost AS-M04 35mm|
|Seatpost||KS Cruxi with 100mm travel|
|Handlebars||Ghost Rizer 35mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano Deore (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Deore|
|Shifters||Shimano SLX SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Deore|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT Plus|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Deore 36-22T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Pressfit|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG50 10-speed 11-36T|
|Rims||Alex VOLAR 2.5|
|Tires||Schwalbe Nobby Nic EVO 27.5 x 2.25 / 2.35|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.