Ghost Slamr X 8 LC Bicycle - Unisex
Carbon and aluminum join forces to create magic: an all-mountain bike that climbs as well as it descends. Like the SLAMR 6, the SLAMR 8 features slightly slacker geometry for all-mountain lines that demand composure and attention. The carbon fibre front triangle dampens buzz and shaves grams, while the aluminum rear triangle keeps it durable and affordable. It also features 150mm of buttery Fox travel in the front and rear for the ultimate in all-mountain performance. Hitting the sweet spot between fast-rolling pace and total flickability, the 27.5in. wheelset features 12 and 15mm thru-axles for flex-free, straight-as-an-arrow tracking. Outfitted with the gold standard XT groupset, you can expect superb braking performance and "set-it-and-forget-it" shifting.
- Light, durable frame combines a carbon fibre front triangle with a burly anodized aluminum rear triangle.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Shimano XT pressfit BB aids power transfer without adding weight.
- Fox Talas 34 fork features up to 150mm with a 130mm option.
- Fox Float X rear shock with 150mm travel features 3 on-the-fly suspension positions.
- Internal routing keeps cables protected and silky smooth.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replaces commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque for greater small-bump responsiveness.
- KS LEV Integra dropper post with 125mm of travel.
- 27.5in. Ghost-brand wheelset features 12mm and 15mm thru axles.
- Shimano XT 11-speed groupset.
- Shimano XT double crankset is 36-26T.
- Shimano XT brakes with mega 180mm rotors.
- SDG Circuit saddle is low on weight and comfortable for long days of trail
- Race Face Affect stem and handlebars endure the rigours of trail without weighing down your ride.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost SLAMR X LC AL carbon and aluminum|
|Fork||Fox Talas 34 Air Performance FIT4 2-position|
|Rear shock||Fox Float X Performance 3 Pos|
|Stem||Race Face Aeffect|
|Seatpost||KS LEV Integra with 125mm travel|
|Handlebars||Race Face Aeffect|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||Shimano XT SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT Plus|
|Crank + rings||Shimano XT 36-26T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano XT Pressfit|
|Hub (front)||Shimano XT|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano XT 11-speed 11-42T|
|Rims||Alex VOLAR 2.5|
|Tires||Schwalbe Nobby Nic EVO 27.5 x 2.25 / 2.35|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.