Ghost AMR 8 LC Bicycle - Unisex
Ghost AMR 8 LC Bicycle - Unisex
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Blending all-mountain confidence, long haul comfort and the pace of a 29er, the AMR 8 is as versatile as a trail bike gets. Two time-proven materials: carbon fibre frame with an aluminum rear triangle adds up to bombproof durability and lightweight performance. On long climbs or fast singletrack, the slightly extended top tube accommodates a powerful riding position. Drop into descents and the AMR's technical side comes alive: the dropper post allows you to get low, while a generous amount of front and rear travel handles the rigours of hard trail riding. The benefits of 29er setups are hard to refute, especially when combined with a responsive wheelset. Tubeless ready Raceface Æffect with 15/12mm thru-axles, cartridge bearings and straight-laced spokes pack a ton of technology into a lightweight, über stiff package. Shimano XT componentry ensures rock-solid shifting, stellar braking performance and multi-generational durability (provided you treat them as well as they treat you, of course).
- Carbon frame with aluminum rear triangle combine the buzz-reducing benefits of carbon with the bombproof durability of aluminum.
- Tapered head tube means a wider bottom bearing than top. The result is a light, responsive, stiff ride under power.
- Internally routed cables provide consistent shifting performance, and won't get caught on branches or other high-velocity obstacles.
- Pressfit bottom bracket reduces q-factor and weight while increasing stiffness under power.
- Fox Float front (130mm) and rear (120mm) suspension offer 3 quick-adjusting positions (climb/trail/descend) for on-point suspension performance no matter the terrain.
- Race Face Æffect thru-axle wheelset is lightweight, ridiculously stiff and up for the rigours of hard trail riding.
- KS LEV Integra 100mm dropper post allows powerful ascending and on-point descending at the literal flip of a switch.
- Shimano XT 11-speed shifters offer superb performance in a lightweight, durable package.
- Shimano XT brakes are professional-proven performers. Massive 180mm discs make them even better.
- Shimano XT Plus rear derailleur eliminates noisy chain slap when riding hard.
- Schwable tires are high-volume, fast-rolling and prepped for all-mountain riding.
- Ghost Needle Bearing System ensures super sensitive rear triangle performance and minimum break-away torque.
- Reversed derailleur hanger provides more immediate shifts, and is less likely to tweak or bend in the case of a crash.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost AMR 29 carbon/alloy|
|Fork||Fox Float 32 Air Performance|
|Rear shock||Fox Float DPS Performance 3 Pos|
|Stem||Ghost AS-M01 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||KS LEV Integra with 100mm travel|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT Plus|
|Crank + rings||Shimano XT 36-26T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano XT Pressfit|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano XT 11-speed 11-42T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Nobby Nic 29 x 2.25|
|Wheel||Race Face Affect|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 1353|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.