Charge the steeps and stay warm in the lift line. Ideal for in-bounds action, you get 625 fill-power down in the body and Hyperloft synthetic insulation in the sleeves and hood for just the right amount of warmth. Waterpoof-breathable fabric plus full seam taping gives you ultimate storm protection so you can get in more runs even when the weather goes south. Specific ski features dial up the functionality: helmet compatible hood, pit zips, powder skirt and plenty of pockets, plus Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector technology to keep you on ski patrol’s radar.
- Fabric is a 2-layer polyester ripstop with a PU waterproof laminate, a DWR finish and fully taped seams to seal out water.
- Ripstop recycled polyester lining features a DWR finish.
- Insulated with 80g of synthetic Hyperloft insulation in the sleeves and 625 fill-power duck down quilted through the body.
- Hood features a stiffened brim and is helmet compatible.
- Front zip is water resistant with an external storm flap and a fleeced chin guard.
- Mesh lined underarm zips use water-resistant Uretek coated YKK zippers.
- 2 zippered hand pockets feature fleece lining.
- Internal drop-in pocket houses your goggles.
- 2 zippered chest pockets with water resisant YKK Aquaguard zippers.
- Powder skirt has gripper elastic to keep it in place and a loop for attaching to your snowpants.
- Drawcord hems to tune the fit.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Recco technology is not a substitute for skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
|Ideal for||Downhill skiing|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Venting||Mesh-lined underarm vents|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.