MEC Pin-It-To-Win-It Jacket - Women's
From resort slopes to tree runs, this snowboard-style jacket is designed for shredding. Fully waterproof and packed with warm synthetic insulation, the Pin-It-To-Win-It’s delights are in the details: a helmet compatible hood, powder skirt and loop to attach to snow pants, underarm zips for heat control, and lots of pockets. Designed to encourage your all-day, all-mountain riding.
- Face fabric is a polyester plain weave with a brushed face, polyurethane waterproof-breathable laminate with a durable water repellent (DWR) finish.
- 2-layer construction with full seam taping is totally waterproof.
- Horizontal quilted 80g Hyperloft polyester insulation, slightly lighter in hood.
- Helmet compatible hood with stiffened brim and draw cord adjustment and cordlocks.
- Insulated storm flap covers the 2-way center front zipper with fold-over fleece chin guard.
- Articulated sleeves for unrestrained movement.
- Seam detailing creates a feminine silhouette.
- Adjustable cuffs with interior thumb holes.
- Inner powder skirt with gripper elastic.
- Tab at inner lower back for easy attachment to snow pants.
- Four external pockets and two internal pockets.
- Underarm zips with mesh backing for venting and heat control.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
|Ideal for||Downhill skiing|
|Face fabric||180-denier polyester|
|Insulation||80g/sq. m polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Venting||Mesh-lined underarm vents|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.