MEC Khione Insulated Jacket - Women's
MEC Khione Insulated Jacket - Women's
- Available prices Clearance price $175.00 $175.00
- Original price $299.00
This item ships FREE!
- Available online
- Check store availability
Striking a nice balance between performance outerwear and street-worthy style, the Khione Insulated Jacket (named for a goddess who presides over snow and frozen realms) is an insulated waterproof-breathable layer that's great if snow riding is your go-to winter sport. Technical features include warm insulation throughout, fully taped seams, zippered underarm vents and a helmet compatible hood. Diamond quilting bonds the insulation to the lining to keep the shape close to the body and refined.
- Fabric is a 2-layer polyester with a waterproof-breathable PU laminate, a DWR finish and fully taped seams to seal out water.
- Ripstop recycled polyester lining features a DWR finish.
- Insulated with 60g of synthetic Hyperloft insulation throughout.
- Hood features a stiffened hood and is helmet compatible.
- Front zip is water resistant with a fleeced chin guard.
- Mesh lined underarm zips use water-resistant Uretek coated zippers
- 2 zippered hand pockets with water-resistant zippers.
- Internal drop-in pocket and internal zippered pocket houses your phone or goggles.
- 2 zippered chest pockets.
- Powder skirt with gripper elastic has a loop for attaching to compatible snow pants.
- Drawcord hems to tune the fit.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Recco technology is not a substitute for skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
|Ideal for||Downhill skiing|
|Face fabric||75-denier polyester|
|Insulation||60g/sq. m polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Venting||Mesh-lined underarm vents|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.