MEC Khione Insulated Pants - Women's
MEC Khione Insulated Pants - Women's
- Available prices $195.00
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Check store availability
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Charge the resort in storm-ready ski pants named for the Greek goddess of snow. Packed with functional design details including outer thigh zips, pockets to stash your chairlift snacks and loops to attach a jacket. The 2-layer waterproof-breathable construction has a smooth polyester lining and a layer of warm Hyperloft insulation. Built in Recco® Rescue System keeps you on ski patrol’s radar.
- Fabric is 2-layer waterproof-breathable polyester that's supple, and lightweight. Recycled polyester inner lining.
- Fully insulated with 60g Hyperloft for warmth on cold lift rides.
- Belt loops and adjustable hook and loop tabs at the waist let you personalize the fit.
- Zippered thigh pockets add storage options and include a key clip.
- Outer zippered thigh vents allow heat to escape.
- Internal snow gaiters with gripper elastic hug your boots and keep out snow.
- Gusseted crotch and articulated knees keep you free to move.
- Loops attach the pants to compatible jackets.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Useful for resort skiing, Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacon, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
|Ideal for||Downhill skiing|
|Face fabric||75-denier polyester|
|Insulation||60g/sq. m polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Low waist
- Measure approximately 5cm (2in.) below natural waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Short inseam
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone. Not all styles available in 'short'.
- Long inseam
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone. Not all styles available in 'long'.