MEC Khione Pants - Women'sProduct code 5044-746
Charge the resort in storm-ready ski pants named for the Greek goddess of snow. Packed with functional design details including outer thigh zips, pockets to stash your chairlift snacks and loops to attach a jacket. The 2-layer waterproof-breathable construction has a smooth polyester lining and a layer of warm Hyperloft insulation. Built in Recco® Rescue System keeps you on ski patrol’s radar.
- Fabric is 2-layer waterproof-breathable polyester that's supple, and lightweight. Recycled polyester inner lining.
- Fully insulated with 60g Hyperloft for warmth on cold lift rides.
- Belt loops and adjustable hook and loop tabs at the waist let you personalize the fit.
- Zippered thigh pockets add storage options and include a key clip.
- Outer zippered thigh vents allow heat to escape.
- Internal snow gaiters with gripper elastic hug your boots and keep out snow.
- Gusseted crotch and articulated knees keep you free to move.
- Loops attach the pants to compatible jackets.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Useful for resort skiing, Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacon, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
|Ideal for||Downhill skiing|
|Face fabric||75-denier polyester|
|Insulation||60g/sq. m polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Low waist
- Measure approximately 5cm (2in.) below natural waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Short inseam
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone. Not all styles available in 'short'.
- Long inseam
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone. Not all styles available in 'long'.