MEC Shadowlands Bicycle - Unisex
Unavailable online. Check your local store for availability.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
If the ride is your favourite part of the workday, and sometimes you take the long way home, this nicely kitted out and reliable bike is a fine option. With a light aluminum frame and plenty of gear options for climbing, you won't be haunted by the hills on your route. Plus, the Shadowlands is coated with a bold, bright finish, so you'll always arrive in style. Equipped with rear pannier mounts, it can be transformed into a light touring bike for weekend adventures.
- Lightweight 7005 aluminum frame with tapered tubing to add strength.
- Carbon fibre fork reduces weight and lends for a smoother ride.
- Larger diameter (700) wheels roll efficiently. 32mm tires protect the rims and resist pinch flats.
- Shimano® M445 hydraulic disc brakes provide outstanding stopping power in all weather conditions.
- Shimano 10-speed 11-36 cassette provides lots of options for tougher commutes with lots of climbing.
- Upright seated position for visibility in traffic.
- Shimano Deore and Deore LX components.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes were designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||MEC tapered 7005 aluminum|
|Fork||Carbon with aluminum steerer|
|Stem||Race Face Ride 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 23/CC Integrated|
|Handlebars||Race Face Ride 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M447 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M445 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore LX|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Deore LX|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Deore LX|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FCT 551 48-36-26T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano BB-52 BSA|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Deore 10-speed 11-36T|
|Rims||Mavic XM319 Disc|
|Tires||Continental Sport Contact II Reflex 700 x 32|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Shadow|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.