Solid protection when downpours set in. This lightweight layer is made of GORE-TEX® Paclite membrane that provides superior breathability so you won’t get steamed while working hard. TorsoFlo™ side zippers allow poncho-style ventilation when you need to vent body heat. This jacket works as hard as you do, but packs down tight once the weather breaks.
- Fabric is 2.5-layer GORE-TEX Paclite waterproof-breathable polyester with fully taped seams for full weather protection.
- YKK AquaGuard double separating front zipper has a storm flap to keep out rain.
- Single zippered arm pocket.
- 2 zippered hand pockets (one doubles as a stuff sack).
- Hoop and loop cuff closures and drawcord hem for adjustability.
- Standard fit for easy mobility.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Ideal for||Alpine climbing and mountaineering|
|Face fabric||50-denier polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.