Fast transitions are key to getting routes done. Move from belay to sharp end and top out onto the a wind-blasted ridgeline without having to stop and adjust your layers. This full-stretch soft shell is breathable enough to wear while climbing or on the approach hike, and when the weather closes in, pull up the hood, tighten the drawcords, and wait out the squall. Variable Conditions Cuffs work perfectly with gloves for a snug, seamless fit, and the adjustable hood is helmet compatible to retain warmth without blocking your peripheral vision.
- Made of breathable stretch-woven polyester that's abrasion-resistant.
- Fabric has a DWR treatment to shed water and block wind.
- Helmet-compatible hood has a laminated brim and single-draw adjustment to protect you from the elements without narrowing your field of vision.
- Variable Conditions Cuffs fit cleanly over gloves or sleeves can be pushed back without tightening on your forearms.
- Microfleece on the zipper garage and at the base of the neck wicks sweat and decreases chaffing.
- 2 zippered handwarmer pockets are placed high and away from harnesses and hipbelts .
- No-bunch hem can be tightened from the pockets to create a tight, draft-free fit.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Fabric content||100% polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|