Carry this light shell jacket for respite when conditions near the summit are anything but bluebird. It offers waterproof protection and features found in high-end jackets, but at a very reasonable price. 2.5-layer Ventia Dry waterproof-breathable laminate is backed by fully-taped seams, an external storm flap and a fully adjustable hood. The deep side zips allow poncho-style venting when you open them from bicep to hip.
- 2.5-layer Ventia Dry waterproof-breathable laminate has a 70-denier nylon ripstop face that's windproof and durable.
- Fully taped seams for full weather protection.
- Adjustable hood has a wire brim that won't flop in front of your eyes.
- 2-way zip has both internal and external storm flap to keep wetness out.
- TorsoFlo™ side zippers extend from hem to bicep to allow poncho-style ventilation when you're working hard.
- 2 hand pockets sit high above a harness or hip belt and the left one doubles as the jacket's stuff sack.
- Hook and loop cuff closures and drawcord hem seal out drafts.
|Ideal for||Alpine climbing and mountaineering|
|Face fabric||70-denier nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.