When you're battling spindrift, working your way up a dripping pillar, or encountering 1°C sleet, you can trust this waterproof and incredibly breathable piece of protection. The Realm Jacket is made with waterproof-breathable AscentShell, so it offers air permeability that's kind of revolutionary in a hardshell jacket. It lets you drop the hammer to get the pitch finished before conditions turn crazy-weird.
- Made of 3-layer waterproof-breathable AscentShell stretch laminate that vents during high exertion.
- Lightweight 20-denier nylon ripstop face and 12-denier polyester backer is highly packable.
- Fully seam taped construction keeps wetness out.
- Wire brimmed helmet compatible Halo-Hood won't block your peripheral.
- Dynamic Reach underarm panels for full freedom of movement while climbing.
- Hook-and-loop adjustable cuffs and a drawcord hem seal out drafts.
- Water-resistant YKK Aquaguard Vislon zip has an internal stormflap.
- 2 zippered chest pockets and an internal pocket that doubles as a stuff sack.
|Ideal for||Alpine climbing and mountaineering|
|Face fabric||20-denier ripstop nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.