Solid protection when downpours set in. These lightweight pants are made of GORE-TEX® Paclite membrane that provides superior breathability so you won’t get steamed while working hard. Generous side zippers open wide when you need to vent body heat. These pants work as hard as you do, but pack down tight once the weather breaks.
- Fabric is 2.5-layer GORE-TEX Paclite waterproof-breathable polyester.
- Taped seams provide full weather protection.
- Elastic waistband with drawcord to fine-tune the fit.
- Gusseted crotch and articulated knees let you you step high or lunge low.
- YKK AquaGuard ¾-length side zippers keep out rain and open wide for ventilation.
- Back pocket doubles as a stuff sack.
|Ideal for||Alpine climbing and mountaineering|
|Face fabric||50-denier polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Venting||¾-length leg zips|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.