Nike Lunar Tempo 2 Road Running Shoes - Men's
Ultra-lightweight runners that are eager to cross finish lines. Bootie construction adds a sock-like fit. Perforated fabric and mesh offer air flow. And a lightweight foam layer brings cushy landings to retain energy underfoot for tackling the remaining kilometers.
- Uppers are synthetic with perforated mesh for airflow.
- Internal bootie wraps the foot for a sock-like fit.
- Flywire technology supports from the ground up, with the cords originating in the sole. Customizable through the laces, they hug your arch for a dynamic, supportive fit.
- Plush, foam-lining on the collar and mesh tongue add 360-degree comfort.
- Midsole uses re-engineered Lunarlon foam bonded to a Phylon carrier for cushioning and underfoot support.
- Soles uses waffle pistons to absorb impact and deflect back to the original shape for responsiveness and impact protection.
- Strategically placed segments of BRS 1000 carbon rubber in high-wear zones for durability and traction.
|Ideal for||Road running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The footwear body is constructed from this material.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.