Go the distance in a neutral shoe with lots of cush. Nike’s Lunarlon system has enlarged hexagonal flex grooves to give you lots of flex and comfort regardless of your distance goals. Partial bootie construction wraps your foot in a breathable seam-free sheath while Flywire cables add support to the fit.
- Single-layer upper provides ventilation and support where you need it most.
- Partial bootie construction and Flywire cables integrate with the laces for an adaptive, supportive fit.
- Deconstructed mesh heel with no-sew overlays provides support and breathability.
- Soft, reengineered Lunarlon foam for a smooth transition.
- Enlarged hexagonal flex grooves are hot-knife cut into the midsole/outsole to offer 6 different flex points for the ultimate in natural motion.
- Midsole use a moulded sockliner to mimic the curvature of the foot to add support.
- Segments of solid rubber under the toe enhance traction and durability.
- Abrasion-resistant carbon rubber in the heel enhances durability.
- Anatomical heel is rounded to promote a natural range of motion.
|Ideal for||Road running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The footwear body is constructed from this material.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.