Catch cool air through the scoops of this all-mountain helmet. The tuneable fit ensures it won’t slip over your eyes during bone-rattling descents, and the visor helps deflect stray branches hanging across the trail.
- Made of an expanded polystyrene inner with a polycarbonate shell.
- Lateral dividers position the straps correctly and keep them in place.
- Visor has 2-position adjustment for good visibility and field of view.
- Air intake helps keep your head cool.
- Retention system offers vertical and horizontal adjustments.
- Comfortable padded cradle at the back of your head.
- Anti-allergenic inner pads help manage moisture and can easily be washed by hand.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable suspension system|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).