Developed with Team MTN Qhubeka, the Rivale makes MET part of the everyday aero helmet revolution and combines stellar aerodynamics with massive airflow. Compact with a slippery profile, the aero design saves up to 3 watts at 50km/hr – a massive gain via one piece of equipment. On hot days of training or racing, forward facing vents keeps your head cool.
- Low profile silhouette has generously sized front vents.
- Homothetic Embedded Skeleton dissipates impacts across the entire shell.
- Safe T Advanced retention system shaves grams while providing a locked-in, nuanced fit.
- Adjustment wheel for a bespoke fit.
- Cool max interior pads rapidly absorb and dissipate perspiration.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).